My IT history
Past 20 years I’m primarily Unix, storage and backup guy.
But I have to use network, server, security products in many my projects.
I’m fmiliar with these worlds as well.
What distinguish me from most of other storage & backup specialists is this wide area of understanding “how stuff works”.
Examples what I can offer to you
as storage & backup troubleshooter
- I will inspect TCP headers to identify incorrectly configured maximum TCP window causing poor performance of NAS box.
- I will play with kernel parameters and filesystem options to get best performance for backup software database.
- I will inspect firewall rules to find out why some NAS protocol is not working properly.
as storage & backup designer
- Audit your current storage and backup infrastructure
- Data mining to run capacity and performance reports
- Suggest changes and improvements
- Help you to define requirements for RFP
- Help you to evaluate vendors’ proposals